PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152 Landing
Thread: C152 Landing
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 17:45
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it considered bad form to criticise an Instructor?
During my training for NPPL I was not given stall training till well after ex14 & then I had to ask for it.
I was never gotten lost by any Instructor to find my pos, & never got lost during Nav training. Did 29hrs of correctly planned & executed nav trips including diversions. (I enjoy maths). Never called D&D for exercise, only mention of D&D was to tell me their frequency.
As a result of the latter I worry about finding where I am if I ever do get lost, 200 hrs later. But I keep meaning to call them for exercise one day, all by myself.
As for this "Follow me through" business I never learnt a thing from that, how do you "feel" what someone else is doing with the thing?
Early on I asked if I could sit in the a/c for half an hr to SEE where the brake pedals were, find all the knobs & switches BY MYSELF. I had arrived early enough to do this. Five mins into it my Instructor arrived with "Right let's go!". Continued fumbling around with feet trying to figure how the bloody brakes worked!
I once asked an Instructor what's the formula to calculate lift? "Half Ro V squared". He then walked away. Fine, my car at 60mph squared X 7.5psi = 27000. If that is pounds of lift my car should fly quite well!
Having ranted that, I must admit I did have a few very good instructors who could teach rather than just wear the sunglasses, who waited till I screwed up & then asked me what I thought I'd done wrong etc.
I often wished Instructors would consider that we may be rookie pilots but a lot of us are not rookie people & can actually understand english so please don't think we are all, as one Instructor put it "Solid bone from the neck up". I will admit I allowed myself to be pushed through the mill without questioning rather than stir the ****e & be considered a troublemaker.
My own observations.