PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 11:19
the distant future

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple of questions

While we are talking about clogging airways. Is it really necessary to say 'request 10 miles left (to avoid weather)' I mean what else could you be diverting around that ATC didn't already know about...I could be wrong, I mean maybe a giant version of Dr Manhattan just appeared to battle Ozymandias or perhaps Godzilla is running amok and you want to get the hell out of his fire breathing terror as he thwarts Mothra.
Also why on earth would you cancel SARWATCH in the circuit. You're still in the air. Personally that's pretty much the most critical time I want someone looking out for me! Regardless of the fact that I'm "in contact" with some company stooge who wouldn't know what to do if we didn't actually land.
I recently heard some dude request cancel SAR as his "landing was assured"....I wish I was that positive all the time.
And what the hell is "departed at this time"...What time is that! I might be in a worm hole and think you were next to me and I sure as hell don't want to merge with you when I come out.
I once heard a guy request a visual approach to a non towered aerodrome from ATC and they said "sure, if your visual".
Either way it all makes me laugh and I don't get it right every time anyhow.