PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SY ATIS. Is anyone home!!Long.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2002, 22:06
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
keepem, most drivers get the ATI when we commence our pre flight so on a 767, most blokes are getting it about 20 or so minutes before push back. For it to change two or three times in that time frame is pretty phenomenal but it does happen. We only listen out for the ATI when we get it but we listen to ACD or SMC the rest of the time. Any reason you blokes can't do an 'all stations' broadcast when the ATI changes with the changes. If we want to, we'll go back and get it, if we don't need to, we'll just call recieved that ATI when we taxi. It's not rocket science.

Approach or the closest sector to Sydney normally do that as well so it's not an unknown aspect for ATC to actually help out in that regard. Also I think it is a MEL thing as well as I recall them doing it from time to time (although not all the time).

Anyway, Rammy was providing some feedback. Instead of getting defensive and changing the subject and telling us how bad us drivers are, how about commenting on the specifics of his comments and places where we ALL could improve. We couldn't do our job without you guys, you couldn't do yours unless we were around. The sooner we get our heads around that issue, the quicker we can resolve discrepancies like this one.

Lastly, who needs a CAIR. I'd gladly stick my name to ASIR in circumstances like that!! Not like ASA can do anything to me!!