PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 05:48
jorget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OD 7 of Jan `

Hello everyone,

A little bit about what happened that day.
I went to the OD last 7 of Jan in Melbourne, we were around 40 people, for my surprise more boys than girls, or at least few more. In the first part they showed us avideo about the airline, life in Dubai, they talk about the hours, the money, how hard the job is, isn't only the glamorous side, that's for sure. after that we had our first group activity, we were split up in 2 groups, 20 each. You had to talk to the person on your right. ask that person about something they didn't mention in their CV, that was a good time to speak to the people in your group, not only to the person on your right. in the mean time the two girls doing the recruitment process were calling each person to see if they could reach 212 cms.
also they asked you a bit about your self, they had everyone's CV.

after that we had to leave the room, we waited for about 20 min, then we were called back to the room. they started calling our numbers. They gave us name badges with a number. so every number got a letter saying congratulations or bye bye. After that we were only 20 left . some had to do English test. so 8 people doing English test 2 people were left out of the room so the groups were balanced. they had to wait for the other ones doing the English test. after half our, the first 10 were called back in the room and 2 or 3 people were eliminated. then the other 10 people had their group activity. we had to nominate 2 people for Nobel price and give 3 reasons why. then another activity, this one was about making a movie, which guideline, about what, main actor and actress and that's it. nobody got eliminated. so in total we were 17 or 18 all of us got trough I think half boys half girls. I was expecting more girls, but we were like 9 boys in there. . the FI was o Sunday and Monday, we had to bring photographs, a lot of them, study certificates and work certificate or payslip. they said the will give an answer in 1 or 2 weeks about the outcome of the interview. fingers crossed!
I hope this can help people going to an OD, just relax, be yourself, talk to different people all the time, don't stick with one group. smile and be nice. also wear nice clothes.I dont mean good brands or anyhting like that, but your personal presentation. I think that's important, try to look very good. grooming is very important. FC are the face of the Airline.
good luck to everyone.