PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failures at Korean Air - Conspiracies or poor candidates?
Old 10th Jan 2012, 02:27
Ricky Billy Pearse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Failures at Korean Air - Conspiracies or poor candidates?

Was discussing with fellow pilots about the pitfalls of contract flying in the Orient. Up came the topic of many failures during pre-employment checks and during initial line training. There were also reports of subsequent failures even after successful line training during the profiency sim checks and annual route checks. I wonder if insiders can give plausible reasons; are the failures mainly due to conspiracies between the local Korean checkers and collusion with the Korean Civil Aviation Board or due to the poor abilities of recent candidates due to the fact that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel?

I heard that they do have expat training captains and checkers as well as expat flight operations auditors; I am sure they can help put a stop to all the conspiratorial schemes of the local Korean checkers to fail foreigners.

What are the rewards for foreign trainers, is there a substantial pay or allowance for training?

How do KAL choose their foreign trainers?

How do the recruitment agencies factor in the selection of trainers?

What qualifications does KAL need for the expat trainers? Past training capacity certainly would play a big role, right?

Appreciate your insights, KAL ppruners!