PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SY ATIS. Is anyone home!!Long.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2002, 18:33
Clive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keepemseparated,

Sadly you have provided a typical response expected of a public servant with little or no concept of providing a service to the paying customer. There is obviously a problem, but of course the provision of the service could not possibly be at fault.... it must be the customer.

Perhaps you would be best to consider the creed "the customer is always right" (although I would be the first to concede that some of our number in aviation are guilty of thinking they are right when often they are not).

Ramjager was not suggesting that the ATIS was not updated, just that the update was left wanting. The fact that "50% of aircraft" fail to have the correct version of the ATIS upon taxi should ring alarm bells. Could it be that the information is being updated with less important infomation too regularly. Many would say that any change to an ATIS would most certainly contain important info but from Ramjager's experience some important info was missed in this case.

My suggestion is that you grasp the concept that the guys up front are the paying customers (the employees of the paying customer at least - ie: the end user) and your lot in life is to provide a service directly to that customer. That may even mean that you will need to update the customer with the latest information - manually.... preferably with a smile. My experience over the last 20 years is that the bulk of your colleagues do infact reflect this attitude. I hope you wouldn't sully your mates' good work.

P.S. - There is a lot more going on in the flight deck prior to departure than simply checking an ATIS every few minutes. Any of the "majors" would gladly provide you with a famil. jumpseat ride to experience the workload first hand.