PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 00:35
Hold_Short

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I STRONGLY AGREE CONFIGFULL!!

You have come in a side angle to the argument and I appreciate your input. My company, like many others, put a strong emphasis on getting the radio calls right, as it is a show of pressessionalism, not only for yourself, but the company you represent.

The moral of the argument is that you just need to understand the required format from ATC/ASA and/or AIP/JEPPS to respect the information you are required to transmit. It is such an easy thing to master and get right all of the time (circumstance dependant) that you shouldn't really have to think too much about the format, just the content.

It truely is that easy. That is what the Aeronautical Information Publication is for!

As for the instructors and RPT operators who are regularly on flying duties must set a standard. It shows though the students who are coming up through the industry that there must be a bar and standard to reach. Then the rest is just fill in the blanks.

By no means am I generalising the discussion or singling out operators... but on the otherside of the coin, it sure is not rocket science!

Thanks