PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CDS Vs Hoon
Thread: CDS Vs Hoon
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2002, 13:33
DuckDogers

A Civilian

Unfortunately we in our distinguished profession have to defend the likes of people like yourself. I for one would be quite happy to see al Qaeda commit an act of aggression here in the UK against people like your, only for the reason of awakening you from the pathetic, 9-5, tree-huggy existance that you live and open your eyes to the real world!

You see Saddam is one of the few in the world who still upholds traditional realist values and has on many occaisions exhibited those Laws of Nature as laid down by Thomas Hobbes in his book 'The Leviathan'. Namely Law 1) that people pursue only their own self-interest, and 4) the natural condition of war. You see despite the changes the International System has endured over the last decade or so nothing has changed.

As for your comment blow;

"America doesnt need us, not with all the toys that they have"

This i'm afraid is not so, from first hand experience i suggest you look at the RAF contribution to Op NORTHERN WATCH enforcing UNSCR 688, then to the recent air ops over afghanistan in support of Op ENDURING FREEDOM where we provided ESSENTIAL AAR to not only the USN, USMC, FAF and Navy as well as our own assets!

At the end of the day you need people like swining monkey and i because it is people like YOU who would hide behind others to save his own behind!!

I leave you with another excert from The Leviathan and that popular TV series called The Simpsons. Enjoy the very Freedom that my colleagues and i provide for you!!!!

"Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man. For war consisteth not in battle only, or the act of fighting, but in a tract of time, wherein the will to contend by battle is sufficiently known: and therefore the notion of time is to be considered in the nature of war, as it is in the nature of weather. For as the nature of foul weather lieth not in a shower or two of rain, but in an inclination thereto of many days together: so the nature of war consisteth not in actual fighting, but in the known disposition thereto during all the time there is no assurance to the contrary. All other time is peace. "

and

"Smithers, unleash the hounds!"