PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone in China upping the ante
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2012, 12:08
worldrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jrmyl, thanks for the clarification.
I think that it is a good contract you're working on there.

I do agree that 6/2 is too hard for short haul, its not that bad for L/R though,as long as the routes and the layovers (and conditions-hotels etc) are good. 6 weeks on but you are still limited by max flight time so you are not totally burned, plus many times you can spend 2-4 days home if the destination is your home.

Anyway, I also see that although financially the whole western world is going from bad to worse, aviation is steadily picking up because of the emerging economies and it looks like it is going to continue improving.
Every single one of us has to do his bit now during this period, to improve the terms and conditions of working in all these countries faraway from home.

Stating your preferred duty period or suggesting a new one can only aid to the companies learning from you and make it easier to keep us satisfied.
Easier said than done but every small improvement is followed by a bigger one.
Remember, or just go over some old threads and you will see the difference between the pay-terms-conditions that used to exist less than 10 years ago in the same airlines that now offer the best contracts.
Some guys did their part for this improvement and they were not the managers.