PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget carrier having a laugh
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2002, 12:00
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WorriedWife

The easyJet type-rating scheme only applies to pilots with between 500 and 1500 hours. I assume your hubby has more than that? If not, this is easyJet's own explanation of their scheme: click here . Far better to read it yourself than rely on secondhand information from those of us here who might have another agenda!

However, there are more jobs out there than some would have you believe, and most reputable airlines would be prepared to take the risk of training an ex-military pilot at their own expense - and that may well include easyJet. Their direct entry pilot scheme is still open, as far as I know.

The best way to find out what's out there is direct contact with all the potential employers you can find. Get your hubby to join BALPA and the IPA; both offer employment assistance services with comprehensive databases of UK-based airlines - and they are cheap to join for unemployed or trainee pilots. Another helpful resource is CoPilot Publications. I don't have an address for them, but they have been mentioned in the Wannabes forum a few times recently - try a search there.

There are many, many ex-military pilots here who are now well ensconced in the airlines. I'm sure we are all delighted to help out with further advice if you need it.

Good Luck!

PS Try a fish for info on rotary opportunities in the Rotorheads forum.