PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone in China upping the ante
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 23:20
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<Dominican, 14 "hard" days off a month that allow you to commute would be great. Give us a hint of where it is offered please.

We are all talking about consecutive days off in these forums, and of course in the 6 week period "on" work, there are about the usual L/R days off between the flights plus the layovers which can be 2-3 sometimes 4 days at destination. They don't count as off.>>

I don't think anyone answered "worldrover" about his post yet. Dominican is referring to the current conditions at Air Japan. We get 10 hard days that we can tack on 2 commute days plus 2 vacation days each month. That gives us a total of 14 hard days in a row off each month. I would prefer if we could have that without using our vacation days but I will take it for now.

We also get overtime pay at 70 hours, of course we never get over that much with all the cargo flying. My average in the last six months has been about 55 hours a month.

As far as people accepting the 6/2 conditions, they need to open their eyes and see that that is not a good contract. Six weeks is way too long to be gone. Four weeks is too long. I did 4 weeks in November/December so I could move my days off to get the holidays at home. By the third week I was so burned out it was starting to get hard to concentrate. In my opinion 3 weeks is long enough. Then go home and recharge the batteries so you can come back and do it again.