PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going to Ethiopia
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 17:45
jet-lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@captplaystation:

ET does need FO's for their fast expanding fleet because even the cadet program couldn't keep up with the expansion for many reasons. they r just NOT that desperate enough regarding FO's to advertise vacancies like the ones seen for the left seat position. so i don't see why they will not b willing to hire someone who knocks at their door. the issue about them not paying until finishing line training i think is only for captains. even if it comes out to b true, i m sure its much better to struggle for couple of months rather than sitting and waiting for the perfect job which may not happen in the near future. the management might b one of the worst when it comes to treating its pilots with respect which, by the way, is not limited to expats. local FO's also go through the same ugly process of abuse. not surprising when many of the senior pilots r ex-airforce who r unimaginably hard headed ppl . relatively the situation gets better when upgraded to command position. but still the question is, can there b a better choice ? at the end of the day, its a matter of choosing the lesser devil. if we criticize everyone from P2F's to guys like DECODED, then whats the alternative we r offering ? its conventional wisdom that static friction is always greater than dynamic friction. so even the universe tells us that its always a bit tough until it gets rolling. if w have any useful info, lets help the job seekers otherwise at least it would b better if we think twice before throwing in negative things. cheers !