PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone in China upping the ante
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 16:06
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotation

1.000 hrs per year makes it average 90 per month to count as well for Vaccation, recurrent and other unproductive days. A economical Schedule is the aim I would go for as a bean counter. Why having a Pilot sitting in a Hotel down the road when he can sit at home for free??

From China to Europe and back it is average about 21 hours, the rotation can be done in 72 hours or less. From China to US-West Coast you do about 27 hours pattern. You produce that in less then 70 hours. You do four of those in 14 days and then you are good to go home for two weeks and even take some overtime pay into your account. Most Commuters I met in the past where aiming for that and would take the burden versus the ratio time off, money earned.

The fun fatcor is gone anyway in this business. As Domenican stated: It is business, not charity. Both sides will take advantage of each other. Nothing more and nothing less. As I saight before: 18 / 12 is the minimum they need to offer, if we can achieve 16/14 it would be better.