PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shut down engine after fire warning msg disappears ?
Old 6th Jan 2012, 14:19
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what's happened to PPRuNe lately but there appears to be a flight simmers takeover
thats pretty right.

lol, what an efford for probably just flight simulation purposes, but ok, i,m home again and looked at the bae146 type rating documents . some pictures may clarify more than writing romans... here we go

so some facts , but in regards only to the Bae146 :

-hedgehopper was right, the first detent of the fire handle does not trip bleed air , it just shows "white over red" for confirmation you pull the right handle.

-the bae 146, like mentioned by me above does not require a shutdown with a bleed air leak when you can isolate it and requires a shutdown when you cannot isolate it . in every case when a bleed air leak occours turn bleed air off at this engine. further it has a separate warning system for bleed air leaks ( pylon overheat) and a separate procedure for dealing with it.

-at a real engine fire of course shut the engine but, aerobat noted :

Avro RJ (aerobat77 take note) - shut it down and fire the extinguisher.
ONLY fire the extinguisher when fire warning persists after shutdown by pulling the fire handle to full detent ( note three ) . so dear fe hoppy, be more careful next time .

nice weekend to all !