PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Out of the Blue"
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 13:53
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
RA wasn't very fond of many things! Visiting aircrew without hats were a particular hate of his. He would also lurk at his window at ensign-lowering time and woe betide any OO who was late! Which was worth winding him up over.

I'd timed that it took precisely 6 seconds to get out of my car and walk slowly to the saluting spot. So one day, after spotting him glaring out of his office window, I did precisely that - up went my arm and down came the ensign as the clock struck 1600...

One poor sod arrived to find no Ord Sgt one morning, so rushed to phone the guardroom. Meanwhile the Ord Sgt turned up late and raised the ensign - with no OO to salute. Unfortunately RA saw this, so decided that the OO needed more practice and gave him a few more days. Being an honourable chap he didn't let on that he'd been let down by the Ord Sgt though.

Do catch up, Courtney, old horseman. RA didn't care much for either PR or MrB - and it was actually MP who I took to Brawdy, although I did fly with RA several times.

But I gets thy drift and 'tis now time to return to our regular programme schedule.

Out of the Blue does indeed sound a most excellent read!