PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shut down engine after fire warning msg disappears ?
Old 5th Jan 2012, 11:33
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulling the fire handle out to the initial baulk, operates a micro-switch that lights "ENG FIRE HANDLE" annunciator on the MWS.

Remember "White over Red"

This is so the Handling pilot dose not have to look up to confirm that the correct handle has been pulled!

the second detent, or full travel, 3 additional micro-switches operate that:
(a) close bleed air
(b) trip Engine driven Gen on engine 1 & 4
(c) close Hyd systems on engine 2 & 3

and then rotating left or right 90 degrees fires bottle 1 or 2
@ hedgehopper : very good posting which shows that you know what you are talking about ! was you in the mighty simulators in manchester at bae systems or where do you have this details from about the bae146?

its pretty right what you write about the "white over red" - the first detent also activates this light which is above the fire warning light - here i must say its a very good idea to visually confirm you are about to pull the correct fire handle.

when it comes to bleed air cut on the first detent i,m pretty but no absolutely sure since i,m not current anymore on this plane, but i still have the training documents from eurowings and baesystems so i can check and report .

definitivly the bae146 has a procedure for checking a bleed air leak , we trained this at manchester many times. and definitivly its procedúre not to shut when you can isolate this leak by cutting bleed air. when you can not isolate the leak its procedure to shut.

best regards !