PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone in China upping the ante
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2012, 09:46
PappyJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not willing to prostitute for less
Molokai, the only difference between the "book 24 hours in advance call-girl" and the "common street hooker" is the price. Prostitute, is prostitute, regardless of the amount charged.

Now, if you think that any carrier - anywhere - is going to agree to give you $+20,000 per month plus bonuses, and retirement, FOR PART-TIME, then you are simply crazy.

If that's the hand we force upon them, things will very quickly turn sadly against us. I've been in a "high density Asian city" for a very long time and there are some things that just won't fly - demands like that are just a few of them.

One fact is this. We are able to demand what we are WORTH! If we keep things reasonable, we can continue to receive that reasonable compensation for the foreseeable future.

Since you seem to be dreaming, I'll offer this little wake-up call, 5 digits monthly; 2 weeks off every 2 months; no taxes; international medical coverage; accommodation paid; and home on a regular basis, is actually reasonable.

Finally, I imagine that you're in Asia since your union at home made the same demands from your legacy carrier that you are now suggesting. Remember, that union subsequently put your airline out of business.

Get a grip, and either adapt, or go home and pick cotton for a living.

Last edited by PappyJ; 5th Jan 2012 at 09:59.