PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/PTC 2012 Part Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2012, 00:23
teawhite&none

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,
Seems to be a lot of questions about this. I sat the assessment last year so may be able to help. PTC invite everybody to phase 1 of the assessment (this is where it differs to other schemes/schools who will often have an application stage to narrow it down initially). From what I can remember this stage involved a group exercise followed by a couple of hours of compass tests, tests in maths, physics and aviation knowledge and an interview. Your scores from this will determine a) whether you are accepted to PTC and b) if you will be put forward to flybe. We were told the outcome of this stage on the day, however it was a long wait between this stage and finding out if we'd been invited to the final stage with flybe at Exeter (even if you are on the first assessment you won't find out if you have reached the final stage with flybe until the closing day when all of the assessments have taken place. Flybe then decide from everybody who is put forward who they want to interview). Hope that clears up some of your concerns re the application process. If you have a way of funding the course then it is an excellent opportunity that I would definitely recommend. (Another note to consider though, while the sponsorship by flybe is fantastic I believe you still have to be able to prove you have the funds available to cover the whole cost of the course without this contribution before you can start training.).
Good luck all who apply

Last edited by teawhite&none; 5th Jan 2012 at 00:34.