PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP Revalidation & Hour Building
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2012, 00:10
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A and C - Thanks for the advice, as you've pretty much written I am not really interested in flying a club aircraft to different airfields via various airspace just to gain my hours.

I see the hour building as an experience to be enjoyed, and I can't imagine there is much that beats flying your own plane. Learning about the maintenance and taking the responsibility for it. Going on day trips, weekends away and maybe taking part in a few competitions i.e. Precision / Rally Flying and meeting other LAA members at weekend meets.

Whiskey Bravo - I read that the permit to fly hours wouldn't count quite some time back. I think it may have been on a GA forum, the thread soon filled with many GA flyers who owned some high performance aircraft complaining.

They couldn't understand why flying a Censna 152 on a CoA was worth more to EASA than flying a Vans RV7. And the thought flying 12hrs in a CoA aircraft every year just to keep current, despite flying 50hrs in the same year in their own PtF aircraft was ridiculous.

(Unfortunately I can't find the thread or remember the forum)

Having done a search on this topic I'm having very little feedback, so I'm hoping I read it in the early days of when we heard that EASA were taking over and the idea got scrapped

If this is the case, then I see many a happy flying hour being flown through the summer in a PtF aircraft. Building both hours and experience.

Thanks guys.