PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/PTC 2012 Part Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2012, 11:49
PrestonPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I clicked "Apply" yestereday and the only information I think I had to give was my name and phone number pretty much, so they know nothing at all about me.
I thought it was just a pre-register your interest thing.
Anyway today, I missed the call but it was from PTC about my application to the scheme and I have recieved 2 emails stating that I can take a pilot assessment day for £220, and the closing date for applications is near the end of feb.
Does anyone else find this strange? That effectively means they will invite anyone at all to do these tests...it lists a whole load of places you can do these tests with heathrow being the earliest, and then dublin, birmingham and edinburgh before the closing date.
You can do it in manchester on the closing date and then belfast, newcastle and stockholm after the closing date. Another indicator they are just inviting people to apply to PTC because if you take these assessment days after the closing date, it's not very useful for you because you've missed the boat?
Has anyone else done this and got a reply?
The next step is for me to phone them and pay £220 on the phone and they haven't seen my CV or anything like that.

edit: oh and 1 more thing, where did the poster above get his information the course costs etc...there is no mention on the website or in the email about how this works.
thanks