PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - Modular? Did you get a job?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2012, 11:09
Aviator74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel i should point out recruitment is a subtle thing, I am with my second employer, and both were actively NOT recruiting when i got my jobs, i just kept sending CV's and listening to rumours and word of mouth.

first job was abroad on 319's only got paid around £9000pa and had to repay all my loans AFTER tax needless to say i ended up worse of financially after that one, but i just kept applying and guess what now that i had a few hundred hours and was current I suddenly appealed to other carriers who needed people short notice. Second job came about because a friend mentioned they were short of crew and needed them to start in 6 week, i called, sent cv, interviewed, and was offered the job within a week, when the first airline complained and tried to claim on a dubious "bond" and said i was burning bridges with them i said, you havent paid me and i am getting a 300% pay rise ... what would you do. they grumbled and never came after me about the bond.

Stick with it... alot of airlines are recruiting now, Emirates 500 odd per year, BA, Virgin, this guys suck up from the low costs and apparently ryan air have lost 400 in the last 12 months, there is ur first job!