PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O for life
Thread: F/O for life
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2012, 10:00
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to open old wounds regarding ASL, but I know of several DEC on that scheme. Whilst having considerable previous Command time and being DEC, they were, nonetheless, subjected to the ruthless 6 month course. CX, essentially, gave them the upgrade course. Equally, I know of several F/Os, hired under that scheme, who were subjected to a six month square bashing & some, failed. My question being, why is CX quite so ruthless ? The attrition rate appears high & complicates the 'Time to Command' debate. There is something terribly wrong with the Selection procedure if lots of people, subsequently fail the course, whatever the course might be. In house, Right to Left should be very straighforward when dealing with a known entity, a Company FO with established track record. Cripes, I am glad that I failed all four attempts at Selection. I would clearly have failed the course. A rare, GOOD selection decision. Last attempt was DEC, ASL but after a few mates got seriously harmed in local pubs, I was glad to get the one line reject letter.