PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair F/O, where to go? CX, QR or EK?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 02:58
Mr R Sole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People do not choose to go to Emirates or Hong Kong, they are forced to spend 10 years in these places, also judging by the amount currently going East walking back into Europe will not be a given either.
If anyone views being an ex-pat as being forced to live abroad, don't even apply for the job - you will be miserable! The only way to approach such a job is the day you leave is the day you retire. Rather than fretting over getting a job back in Europe, I would be concentrating far harder on your retirement plans in Europe instead!!!

(Not pointing the finger at you Built4Speed but just using your post to illustrate my point! )

The Swede.... my advice is forget all the Ts and Cs and all the numbers for the moment. Go and visit HK, Dubai and Doha and see where you would prefer to live out of those three? Then based on that - take a closer look at the job itself.

Far too many people end up going to interviews thousands of miles away and they might have done their homework on the airline but they know very little about where they may end up living for many years to come!

Last edited by Mr R Sole; 3rd Jan 2012 at 03:08.