PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - Modular? Did you get a job?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 02:36
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you've got the cash for integrated then do modular and put your leftover £40K into a rating or a post-qualified programme like CTC whateveritscalled rather than giving Oxford £80K for £40K worth of training!
No, not really the best idea. If you have the resources and the aptitude, then apply for a full time course of study with an organisation that provides trained and continuous (or as continuous as it can be) output to the airlines that you have targetted as your aspirational goal. Post qualification is never going to be as good as full qualification in the example you have given above.
As I repeatedly say on these forums ask yourself what you want, and then research how you can best achieve it.

If your goal is flight instruction or aerial work then yes absolutely utilize the methodology that will help you along that path. If money is an absolute barrier then again here is an alternative. However if you are after a shot at the big leagues with very little experience, then the odds are very poor indeed. If indeed that is your real goal then the argument is only enhanced by quoting the difficulties you yourself have highlighted when you say:
I went modular in 2011 and I have found some part-time aerial work here in the UK, but that was only because of contacts. I have a strong suspicion that without those contacts I'd still be moping about and crying into my shiny new blue book.
Where I would agree, is when you say:
Let 2012 be the year for modular trained folks getting jobs!
That would be a very good thing to see, however even if that were to materialize, the truth is that save for a very few people, those same jobs would still be at the traditional aerial work level, with this level of experience.