PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/PTC 2012 Part Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 19:50
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ljm10

I do work for them of course, but I tell it like it is. It isn't all singing and dancing inside Flybe, we have our gripes and issues, but if you compare it to what is open to wannabes today then it is almost unbeatable.
The reason why it is not talked about too much on here is probably down to a bit of snobbery where wannabes just want to fly jets regardless of the terms & conditions.

I cannot see them ever not taking on a sponsored cadet. I have never known it in the past where they have failed to take one on at the end of the course. Infact during the worse recession in living memory the company honoured all the cadet employment over and above the main hold pool. The caveat of course is that you come up to scratch during training and during the type conversion. If not then you are leaving yourself open to not being taken on.

turbine100

Nothing official from inside but in my humble opinion (& only my opinion) we're going to have to recruit sooner rather than later. We're already running low on F/Os and there's still a fair few who are either working their notices or they're in hold pools waiting for a start date (mainly BA).