PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O for life
Thread: F/O for life
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 17:49
gipilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damnnn,

Just think we should be realistic. I was so shocked reading 49 as well. And yet 2011 was not the worst year,especially considering how tough the coming years might become(economic downturn etc etc).

But guess we are all looking at the wrong part of the equation. We should think of the future. It is now more clear than ever that unfortunately our management don't have any ambition for expansion,they want to earn the big bucks as is and conservatively. All machines coming in the next 6-7 years are replacements and we don't hear of any new or any planned destinations.

So the sad part of this story is that there is no expansion thus no real need for any massive commands. Unfortunately the commands in the next 10 years probably will be determined only by retirements and I cross my fingers that age 67 doesn't pop up anytime in the next 10 years. So guess 30+ years to command is pretty realistic.

Damnn want to blame someone but can't. If this is the company's growth rate than this is the company's growth rate. Question is now, HOW IMPORTANT IS YOUR CAREER FOR YOU. Wanna swap money for career? Or sit on that seat for the bucks.

Truth just hurts man......Good Luck guys.

Last edited by gipilot; 2nd Jan 2012 at 22:41.