PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOTAM site 'upgrade'
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2002, 14:15
Dusty_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Decoding ICAO... A SemiSolution for NotamPro

AltAIS (Logon Page)

Some of you may be aware of 'AltAIS', a simple web site I set up in September to help people get into the AIS more quickly, and even access the Area Briefings without JavaScript enabled (though you do still need cookies).

Well, over the last couple of days I've written another page that parses a given Notam to insert the latitude and longitude of each ICAO airfield code that it recognises.

A few Notams still slip the net, namely those about danger areas (I haven't found a source that gives their coordinates), En-Route Nav Aids (it is harder to decode these, as the idents could easily be confused with plain text), and the very few about other locations where no lat and long is given.

AltAIS NOTAM Parser

Once you have your Notam on screen from the AIS site, copy and paste the content into my 'Parser' page. Hit the 'PROCESS' button. Wait a couple of seconds for it to do its magic. Finally, copy the parsed Notam text from my page into NotamPro. Heypresto. Look at all those red blobs!!!

I have never used NotamPlot, so don't know if it works the same way. Le me know if a simple change will make the difference.