PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 11:14
dantheflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGW security south.

Nov 2011 We travelled from Gatwick south to Belfast and at first we were impressed with the upgrade security had received with electronic entry etc....
However while passing through these gates my arm rubbed up against the metal and I obtained a cut which naturally bled. when I got to the Xray machine I spoke to a security assistant would showed no interest at all and directed myself to a control desk. I stood a few minutes at this desk being ignored and then a female controller barked YES! I explained what had happened to me and her first words were "was sir running" No I said. "has sir been drinking" I couldn't believe my ears. I demanded to speak to someone else, which was greeted with a roll of the eyes. A manager came forward and asked me to show him the offending gates, of course we could not find any obvious sharp edges and I was treated as if I had wasted their time. I then had to walk back through the Xray and you guessed it was practically strip searched while the manager returned to his control desk. Not once was I offered a plaster or the event recorded. So all in all those millions have paid for some shiny new equipment but has done nothing for customer service.