PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PX Sectors
Thread: PX Sectors
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2011, 10:52
VforVENDETTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few weeks ago at dispatch I heard the 747 cp in conversation with a capt. who had just at sign in time at dispatch been told by cc that he now is px'ing on the flight he was supposed to work and another capt. is now working it. He was understandably pissed off and seeing the cp at dispatch with another management pilot going out to fly a -800 he approached and complained about this and pointed out how this reduces his overtime and is becoming a pattern for him. The response from the cp was that yes, good, and that it was his "program" and how cathay pays out some 10000 hours of overtime on the 747 fleet alone and how much it's costing and it has to be managed better etc... Not only this capt. was surprised to hear this coming from this cp but so was the other management pilot with him who tried to interrupt a couple of times to say "you don't really mean that..." "they can't really do..." but nope that's it and that's how it will be was the conversation ender. I almost lost my lunch when I read the last newsletter where the cp says how he has nothing to do with rostering! There where at least three other guys there who heard this.