PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tropic Air PNG
Thread: Tropic Air PNG
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2011, 23:33
Hasselhof

Ignore the knockers and their pointless sarcasm mate, it is a rights of passage thing on PPRuNe to get bashed for not having searched for a thread, get defensive, and then at the first opportunity in the future bash someone else for not having done the same thing. It seems like a cycle that will never cease.

I applied for the spot that was advertised on AFAP earlier this year and was invited over their for interview, however I spoke to the CP and decided not to head over as it was going to be a two year commitment which wasn't really an option for me and my partner. From what I could see Tropicair appeared to be a pretty good company, most of the concerns I had were more an issue of dealing with living in Port Moresby and getting up to speed with flying in the highlands. It's not for everyone. The other thing to consider is that progression within the company is limited given the number and types of aircraft they operate, however being based over in PNG and getting in country experience certainly wouldn't hurt for moving up to the bigger companies over there.