PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2011, 11:05
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to a proverb: "Where two are fighting, a third one wins". Ryanair's version is sometimes even more sophisticated: "Where three [airports] are fighting, a fourth one wins [Ryanair]". The recent example: Girona, Reus, El Prat (winner: Ryanair).

The similar triangle-fight could take place in Southern Italy, where three airports are very close to each other: Bari, Brindisi and Taranto-Grottaglie. While the former two are already FR bases, Grottaglie wants its share of Ryanair flights too. However, a million euro assistance promised to them earlier may now be canceled, writes the Italian newspaper today. Well, politicians seem to be more and more aware of the fact that too much competition is not necessary good for the locals, as numerous previous cases have already shown.

PS. I tried today to check some flights on FR website. Gosh, is the Captcha popping out even more often now than a month ago? Or is it simply so irritating? I wonder how much will it influence the sales, I bet pretty much. This should have an impact on prices in the near future, or am I wrong?