PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2011, 13:53
Seja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jorget

Well I am working there for a bit over a year now. People either love or hate the job I guess. The turnover rate is massive, means a lot of people don't stay here for a long time (for many reasons: for some it is just kind of a time out year, some are homesick, some don't like the job, some don't like Dubai). For me, I love to live in Dubai. There are plenty of beautiful beaches for swimming, sunbaking, surfing etc. There is plenty to do, heaps of group activities (boot camp for fitness, running groups, Hiking or camping in Oman, arabic courses, cooking classes, gyms). There are nice malls for shopping, cinemas, tons of restaurants and bars for socializing and the nightlife is great to say the least. It can get a bit lonely sometimes because friends might be working when you have days off and the other way round so don't be afraid to do stuff by yourselves! The job is amazing, you are basically paid to travel the world and stay in 5 star hotels all the times I always say: the layovers are amazing it is just hard work to get there haha.. Customers are very demanding because they expect a lot from Emirates, it can be challenging to work through the night (your body wants to sleep but you have to stay awake and alert), sometimes you get annoyed by fellow colleagues or seniors etc... But if you are good at "shutting down" right after work and forget the unpleasant things the moment you disembark the plane, then the positive things overweigh the negative by far and you will have a good time! Rostering... You will have amazing rosters with nice destinations and you will have horrible turnarounds which seem to be neverending. All a big lottery, every month again and again hehe.. Personnally, I am very,very homesick at the moment (never thought I'd ever be homesick but it happens to the best lol). What else... You have a good life with loads of benefits but they certainly make you working freakin hard for that haha... Did I forget anything? Ah.. In summer it is too hot to spend your spare time anywhere else than IN the pool or INside