PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines Aircraft orders
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 17:21
Algol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A simple aircraft serial number search....
Sorry mate, I'm computer illiterate. You'll have to provide the links to back up your story.
....would indicate that most of the aircraft ordered over the last 5 years by HKA are now with HNA.
You wouldn't be confusing HKA with HKE perchance?
Or lumping them together?

I would class that as credible evidence HKA has and is being used as a legal tax minimisation vehicle.
Even still (if you are right) I would class that as evidence that it HAS been used in that way. Not that it WILL be - and NOT that it matters anyhow. Here's why.
They've gone from a single A330 in June 2010 to ten A330's today. Pilot numbers have doubled in the last 12 months. Their plans are already well set for delivery of 5 more A330's and a new fleet of 8 A320's in the next 12 months.

As to B777's or A380's, you may be right - I personally don't see the need for those A380's - but who cares, they're just a political football now anyhow. The rest of those deliveries represent massive expansion. That is great news for pilot employment prospects and should be welcomed - I'm sure you'd agree.

I guess only time will tell who is right.
But we won't have to wait long to find out - the next A330 comes in Feb, and the first A320 is due in a matter of weeks.

Last edited by Algol; 27th Dec 2011 at 17:36.