PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 12:02
Seja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A general hint

Hi guys, I am crossing my fingers for all of you who are going to an OD/AD or waiting for the golden call! Although I remember how I anxious and curious I have been a bit over a year ago before I joined (believe me I know how you feel), I am a bit surprised about all the questions here! A) they seem to get repeated every week! Guys, show initiative and read back in the thread, believe me, this thread will answer every question ten times, so there's no need to ask a 11th time, right? Initiative is also a skill you will need to show if you work as a cabin crew! B) why are you asking questions which are already answered by emirates? E.g. What to wear for open days or what kind of picture to bring? If you would read through their e-mails or advertisements you would know the answer (if they ask for a passport size picture, how can you ask if it needs to be a full body picture or only a portrait? Or if they mention to wear business attire, then how can you ask what to wear???). This is the reason why most of the people who made it into EK are not coming to this forum again, they are tired of answering those questions. So those people being absent here leads to answers from people who don't know it from their own experience->assumptions->confusion. Read carefully, that's all you need! How will you be able to pass the tests in training if you don't listen/read? C) why do you panic if something in your application process is different from other peoples application process? They are recruiting worldwide, thousands of people everyday are screened, so the laws and rules for an application process differ and vary in each country and between recruiters/recruitment agencies! If you follow what they tell you, you will be fine. Don't doubt about it!!! And last but not least, please remember how badly you wanted the job when you are working online for a while. I bet 75% of you will winge and complain about the company and will be lazy on board. I am very demotivated at the moment just because of the attitude of many of my fellow colleagues! So, if you need to know ANYTHING about living in Dubai or working for Emirates I will be more than happy to answer your questions. Don't take my post as an offense, I just wanted to point out a few things!