PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - go around
Thread: go around
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 11:05
c2lass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a nervous flyer (not visual to others - but crumbling inside).

Only fly a couple of times a year and experienced a GA in Munich on a BA flight. I hate the descent especially as the ground gets closer and I try and read my book but I cannot help looking out of the window. Landing is the worst part of the flying experience for me, I really do not like it.

Anyway, practically on the runway when whoosh, throw back time and back in the air. Surprisingly I amazed myself at how calm I was. Typical hubby cool as cucumber and absolutely no concern.

The captain did make an announcement (cannot remember the exact time he did this) but said it was due to another plane not getting out of the way on the runway in time so he decided to do a GA.

However despite my nerves, last week I flew alone from ABZ to MAN on one of those wonderful Embraer aeroplanes and actually watched through the window the whole descent and landing process at MAN without any nerves whatsoever!! That was without any red wine as well Different story back up to ABZ though, typical bumpy descent as per usual which seems par for the course in Aberdeen!