PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2011, 12:31
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TK

TK are a good addition for EDI and have definately taken advantage of a gap in the market thanks to EK's incomprehensible indecisiveness about introducing a second daily flight from GLA. However as a user in the past of TK from BHX, my personal opinion is that it can be very wearing to go all the way to India, Kenya and the Middle East on a single aisle aircraft (TK use 738's on a lot of their Asian and African mid haul sectors, EDI will probably also be a 738 or 320), the IFE is very poor (ceiling mounted TVs, very limited channel choices) and IST is a chaotic hub compared to DXB, with facilities very overstretched at key hub bank departure times. Not saying that they won't make a go of it from EDI and I will for sure fly with them again as their prices can be very competitive and their range of connections impressive, but for comfort, IFE and ease of transfer I always take a look at EK first and thats where TK will face stiff competiton at EDI especially if that second daily GLA starts as I am assuming it will in the near future (not to mention of course existing LH, KL and AF connections already from EDI).