PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet Scheme Failing To Produce Safe Pilots?
Old 26th Dec 2011, 08:06
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 300 hr cadet belongs in the jump seat, given flying time, and serve their apprenticeship as we all did. They do NOT belong in the RH seat, unless supervised by a competent F/O and Skipper, and I for one say if there is a hull loss due to this maniacal decision, I hope the company go up on manslaughter charges, but of course they won't. They will go to extreme lengths to blame the flight crew, and /or the engineers, they will look into their personal lives, they will leave no stone unturned, before they take any responsibility. Seriously, you blokes have to get together and insist on a competent F/O, it IS your ship, your life, your job, your right, your profession, and if you keep on accepting some kid with bum fluff on his face, in the RH seat rather than in the jump seat, because it is now becoming company policy, then you have to look at yourselves as well. Sorry, in our day we would have said (and did) not going anywhere until you give me a competent F/O, happy to have the kid in the jump seat, but that is it. If you don't move on it, they will keep going ahead with it. Time to get some union action, before there is a disaster none of us want to even think about.