PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet Scheme Failing To Produce Safe Pilots?
Old 24th Dec 2011, 14:26
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bus SOPs say when heavy and high and suffering an unreliable airspeed non normal pull full aft side stick and set TOGA?

Sorry I just don't accept that.

So the pilots were not following SOPS?

It doesn't take a Test Pilot to NOT stall in the first place.

We've all done 'unreliable airspeed' in the sim both before and after AF447 - hands up who buried the stick in their gut and held it there? Yes it can be a work out but come on - if your basic manual flying skills are sound its not THAT hard.

Chimbu,

Under certain situations involving loss of airspeed and/or ADR problems along with flight control law degradation, the A320/330/340 etc can be providing the pilot with false overspeed warnings AS WELL AS stall warnings. In such a situation, the overspeed protections may become active providing the pilot with a nose up bias that requires constant forward pressure until the failure is resolved or the affected ADR is switched off. I know of several very experienced pilots that have been tripped up in the sim with failures such as these.
Boeing can give overspeed and stall warning simultaneously too - only difference is they don't unilaterally pitch up.

That is just another charming little 'design feature' of the Bus only a PHd could dream up.

You haven't seen, and won't see, me bash cadets in this thread...or any other.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 24th Dec 2011 at 14:40.