PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet Scheme Failing To Produce Safe Pilots?
Old 24th Dec 2011, 03:29
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We know what the precise nature of the problem was...'unreliable airspeed' is the page header in a Boeing QRH. The stream of data sent to AF via ACARS confirmed what the nature of the non normal was. The aircraft was giving the crew the info they needed but nothing I have seen suggests the two FOs spent any time working through the ECAM warnings - there were two or three dead give aways in that list.

They still had a PFD/ND/Engine instruments (except maybe EPR) and a GPS derived Ground Speed.

Call me picky but what else do you need to fly straight and level?

No never flown a Bus - many of my mates do, some even Check and Train on them - very happy in the 777 thank you very much.

Two well trained pilots are the cheapest thing you can put in a cockpit - compared to the billions that would be wasted certifying, or trying to, a computer to do it.

Humans are fallible yes - that applies equally to computer programmers as it does to pilots. If they have proved nothing else Airbus designers have proved that.