PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German Wings A##hole
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 16:58
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How many GA pilots are aware -
Disclaimer: flying a microlight, I am generally disallowed to use controlled aerodromes like most airports are. So I do not know really, neither from experience nor from training. Still, it would seem to me that whatever knowledge or insight the g/a pilot in this story had available, could and would not change the story. Both planes were under control, from the ground controller I suppose; complaints were to be sent there, and if considered serious enough might lead the ground controller to instruct the g/a pilot to make way.

Would anyone expect the "crawler" to stop dead on the twy? Or take a turn into whatever sideground happened to show up, unannounced and uninstructed? Or should it have sounded "Barcelona Ground, alfa delta echo request taxiway excursion to evade Fritz pursuit?"

If the ground controller was happy, the airliner crew may have had reason for being unhappy; but I can't see their right to grumble, least of all to a fellow pilot trying her/his best.

@o/p: if we have saved you the bother and expense of a visit to any kind of doctor, by allowing you to vent your anger here, you could as well spend the quid with a round of drink at one of our numerous meetings. You will still have saved the bother.