PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German Wings A##hole
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 15:45
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Dudeness

I beg to differ about Barcelona, The place is not easy the first time you see it even after 30 min in the cruise looking at the Jepps.

A few years back in Detroit an aircraft took a wrong turn, the result was it entered runway and was hit by another aircraft traveling at high speed.

This guy taxing slowly was taking care NOT to make a mistake that could put people at risk, giving out over the radio is only likely to put undue pressure on someone and make them more likely to make a mistake.

I was once in the area of Kefalinia/Zakinthos area under procedural control, the pilot of a UK registered charter aircraft was continualy getting on at the controller for decsent. I was 1000ft below this guy going head to head and looking for a climb. Eventualy due to a high workload and persitent calls from the pilot the controler cleared the aircraft down!..................This was directly into my path.

I dont blame the controler for the mistake he was overloaded into making it by a guy who acted like he was the only aircraft in the sky.

Im sorry to say this your Dudeness I and a lot of other people know we make mistakes and so take a little time to ensure we avoid as many mistakes as we can, unfortunatly people like you who clearly don't make mistakes will just have to slow down for the rest of us.