PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOTAM site 'upgrade'
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2002, 22:09
QDMQDMQDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russell,

You and Mike need some kind of award for all that you're doing. If I wasn't an insufferably tight git I'd be putting my hand in my pocket right now.

It's a shame to see AIS so woefully unprepared and complacent for the meeting:

"Phil Bate accepted the criticism and explained that a workshop was being arranged between AIS and Thales AIS to address issues. They did not yet have a date fixed but he expected it to take place before Christmas.

AIS were pressed to give a timeframe for the work to be carried out but said that they were unable at present to do so.

It was pointed out to them that they had been in possession of the proposals for some time and they should have been able to come to the meeting with some idea of timescale.

Mike Cross asked Phil Bate what discussions had taken place between AIS and Thales IS with regard to the proposals. Phil Bate said that that was a matter for the Project Manager but he was not aware of any formal requests to Thales IS to carry out any investigation of the proposals.

Mike Cross pointed out that a copy of the proposals had been passed by him to Thales IS well in advance of the meeting."

And it doesn't sound like the raw data will be made available and the consulting with the CAA legal dept is just a fob off. Amazing, really, that this fellow Bate can talk about his worries with regard to liability issues if the raw data is made available. One wonders where he'd stand himself with relation to corporate manslaughter charges if somebody comes a cropper as a result of this shambles.

The complacency is breathtaking, but well done you chaps.

QDM