PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Air Tender
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2011, 07:36
down3gr33ns

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better check your sources, 17, 'cos I believe that Virgin weren't even a contender.

What a "great" decision by the current Australian government, paying a subsidy to a foreign carrier - defies any semblance of logic!!! My sources advise me that several Aussie operators put their hats in the ring - a proper response to which which would have meant job security for Aussies, &c etc. Will also potentially mean less jobs for the NLK'ians currently employed under the existing arrangement.

But, remember, this is the same government that single-handedly ruined the live meat export industry (you can't tell me that the Indo's cutback on quotas isn't "payback"), have stuffed the refugee situation, couldn't organise a p1ss-up in a brewery - OH! where do I stop - but have rewarded themselves by accepting massive pay rises (of the order generally larger than the average wage) in the belief they are doing a good job. FFS!!!!

I hope ANZ lifts their game. They have a history of not even launching from AKL if the forecast is bad. Their current weekly AKL-NLK v.v. can run several days late on the strength of a forecast. E.g. only recently there was a weekend where the encumbent operated at least 4 sectors successfully into the island whilst ANZ sat on the ground - all on the strength of forecasts which turned out to be far worse than the actual conditions throughout the weekend. They eventually turned up 4 days later!!!! I feel for the Islanders of whom many are friends - your reliable service (to the west) is about to be a thing of the past, have no doubt.

My taxes at work. At least I don't vote for them so am in no way responsible for yet another far cup!!!!!

Last edited by down3gr33ns; 21st Dec 2011 at 09:06. Reason: ambiguity