PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Cadet Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2002, 14:59
no sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is unwise for young chaps/chapesses applying to this scheme who believe pilots earn lots of cash, or are in anyway motivated by money. If that is your desire in life, then do something else, and fly privately. Gone are the days of BA pay scales and final salary pension schemes: you won't get rich being a pilot.

At the bottom of this argument lies the experience of a Mr Souter, who founded the stagecoach company, and realised that a wage bill is the single biggest way to ensure you don't meet your profit targets, and hence took a different approach to wage demands for his drivers. I cannot see pilot salaries suddenly changing in their general downward trend.

I see no reason for not having this debate. No-one in their right mind would not apply if they met the criteria and their aims are sound. My view of being expensive was incorrect, as I thought you had to pay money up-front yourself, this is not the case.

Of course, if you are under 26, then apply for the post. You would be mad not too, and will regret not doing so. Training in Mordor for a year should be fun too, and you'll be one of the very few airlines that is growing, has investor confidence, and has an order book for new aircraft. I just wish they'd dropped the Orange paint, and used the GO marketing dept instead.

I'm waiting for all the BA-like wannabe cadet questions to start pouring in over the next few months...