PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New UK based charter company?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2011, 08:13
suitcaseman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I am normally the eternal optimist and encourage new start ups,......... to enter the European short range biz jet market when the Eurozone is close to possible collapse (Olympics or not) is just insanity.

(They use someone else's AOC to accommodate the plane of choice.) This comes at a cost with complications.

(They have already established contracts for ops and fuel.) Cold hard cash talks and promises of things to come hold no value.

(They have been offered cheap planes from a repo bank who just want a return) Already covered.

(They have slots and handling already sorted out.) Would a company with no AOC or aircraft (and probably not even a registered company) be issued slots?

(All they need to do is literally start flying on day one of Olympics and finish once the job is done.) What happened to crew training, CAA observations and the rest of the very expensive processes involved with a new start up or AOC variation if piggy-backing?

(They could just enter the Market, do the job and then retreat (or not if they choose) In the highly competitive market that currently exists, the experienced operators will already have made their plans as well so I doubt some new guy is going to come in and make millions in a month and retreat. To believe this defies all logic.

(These City boys may also be smart gamblers!) or not in this case I'm afraid.