PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet Scheme Failing To Produce Safe Pilots?
Old 19th Dec 2011, 23:11
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A37575, looking back I have nothing but sympathy for those rather energetic Captains, young men, who had lost their youth seeing and having to do things that haunted them for the rest of their lives. We understand now of course they suffered war neurosis, some had been POW'S and their frustrations and probably anger were taken out on the next generation of pilots that need not see any action. Most were brilliant pilots, short fuses yes, but if you tried, and succeeded, they were OK, but did not have the patience to be mucked about. Did I take that with me into C and T, certainly not, but then again the discipline was still there when I was training, I enjoyed it, but hated to have to fail, and one I did not fail, the very next day flew into a mountain in PNG and killed all on board including nuns and a six week old baby. That I will take to my grave. I am told now that some cadets actually question your authority or your teaching ability, I sincerely hope that is simply incorrect, because if it is not, I don't even want to think of the consequences.