PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - go around
Thread: go around
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2011, 13:01
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I have been paxing for 46 years and have never experienced a go-round BUT, I can be darn sure that a lot of pax will be worried.

Yes, I have seen some who have slept all the way though descent and only woken at touchdown, oblivious to all. But I have also seen the nervous ones who grip the arm rest and are watching everything.

I fully understand the process and, if it happened, would not be disturbed but I reckon more than 50% of pax would be. In this forum we have often discussed this topic and we know that the flight crew cannot possibly talk to us. However, I do think that carriers should have an automatic message ready that can be triggered by the senior cabin staff member. It can be neutral but it would be something.

On a lighter note. More than 40 years ago, my grandmother was leaving JNB for LHR in a VC-10. We watched from the balcony and saw a (low speed) RTO. They returned to the stand for a short while and then departed normally. In a letter some weeks later, replying to my mother's anxious enquiry, my grandmother replied, "I thought they always did that." Not many people would say that today.