PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - go around
Thread: go around
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2011, 21:00
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still I guess it's a good opportunity to be condescending to PAX, hey PM.
L4key: I wouldn't describe my comments as condescending although I consider yours as sarcastic. I base my experience on being SLF at least twice a week. Most passengers consider a go-around is 1. Scary, 2. Dangerous, and 3. The sign that something has gone badly wrong. Too many demand that they should be told immediately what has happened, but that is not always possible. Now accepting that this site is full of professional pilots, you'll get comments from professional pilots who are un-constrained by the "market speak" pumped out by airline apologists who work in "Customer Care" departments. I stand by my words. Go-arounds are performed by 'proper' pilots who are not prepared to continue their current approach. Far too many continue with a crap approach.

And finally there may be an opportunity to tell the passengers what happened on the taxi in, provided of course there is enough time ...and the taxiing is not too complicated ...and the cabin crew are not doing their arrival PA etc. When you work your way to seat OA L4key, you can run things the way you want.