PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch union VNV screwing Martinair pilots
Old 17th Dec 2011, 15:06
oboema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@.86

"What else should the Martinair pilots have chosen ?"
Well, what else would the MP pilots like to have? 1 on 1 seniority when moving to KLM??

OK, a takeover does not go smoothly for some, but all MP guys keep their old salary plus future increments, untill the KLM salary catches up and they all have a secure JOB!

Those "KLM turds" as you refer to could also have said NO to the proposal as it is now; then you would really have been with "your backs against the wall"

As to the MP guys who now have to move over to KLM as "bunk preparers" and "FMS punchers" ...been there done that.... I also have a background in another airline, when I came to KLM I was placed at KLC. When I was about to be promoted to capt. my aircraft was phased out and I was parked somewhere else in the company as a "bunk preparer" and "FMS puncher"
Well, I am happy that I have a job that pays all the bills and then some,
I have virtually zero seniority and am not the youngest anymore, but eventhough I dont have a MP 767 F/O salary, I dont complain.

2 Friends of mine have had to sell their house as a result of a takeover going bad, i count my blessings, as a "KLM Turd"

Lets stop bashing eachother like this. Virtually all KLM pilots, me included, are very welcoming to our Martinair COLLEAGUES joining the club and look forward to working with you all, yes, even you .86