PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft off the Runway at SXL
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2002, 19:56
IMMELMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last two posts make my point for me - thanks. We all think we know what happened at CVT and at LTN and at SXL, and may well be right although you have both shown in a very few words, with respect, that you don't really know much about it - just about what the average line-pilot knows, and that is not a lot - just the basics - that's why test-standard engineers, highly experienced test-standard pilots and others carry out investigations. What I am saying is 'leave the causes to the experts' - the only debate that should be going on is 'have those who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own been treated fairly/lawfully and do they have any recourse to justice/redress'?
As for flight safety, AAIB/Irish equivalent will report to CAA/Irish equivalent and they, in turn, will disseminate any facts/factors arising which may affect flight safety in the future. We won't see a CHIRP since it was an actual accident but there will be MORs. If there is an 'aircraft' problem as a causal factor - CAA will take steps ranging from immediate grounding of airframes, to issuing bulletins, directives, etc. This has not happened, so you can assume the causal factors were not 'design', for want of a better term - so we just have to wait for the result and any remedial mandates
Meantime, best concentrate on the apparent 'spin-off' - people losing jobs - even if we can do little to help, it would be good to show support. Some of those good folks were tucked up in bed, or whatever, when it happened, but they still lost their jobs - why?